1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange array values (C, psoc, usbuart)

Discussion in 'Programming/Internet' started by Ashley Reid, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Ashley Reid

Ashley Reid Guest

I am still fairly new to programming, so I'm sorry in advance if my terminology/formatting isn't up to scratch.

I am currently working on an element of a musical instrument that will allow me to actuate a button multiple times with a varying time delay between presses, record this and loop the pattern.

I currently have an array for recording the timings of the button presses, I am using USB-UART/terra term to check my values are being recorded correctly but I am finding the array being populated with seemingly nonsensical values. I am wondering where this data is coming from.

Highlighted in red in the image below are the values that I expect to be retained in the T0, T1..etc values. In short - Mtapi is the int used in selecting what location in the array I want to store the current milliTAP value (T0, T1 etc..). But as you can see from the following data lines they are being replaced by 10 digit numbers.

Basically, I am wondering what those numbers are, why I am seeing them and how to stop them populating my array!

I did think they maybe something to do with data locations of the array instances? but honestly this is all new to me and I have no idea. That and how they are changing at what seems to be random to me.

[​IMG]

Any help or direction to further reading is much appreciated.

you can see the code on GigHub here

for quick reference (shortened for posting here):-

if ((Mtapi==0)&&(MTap[0]>0)&&(MTapBtnCHK==0)){
    int i;
    for (int i=0; i<63; i++)
    {
    MTap=0;

}
    }

if (MTapBtn_Read()==0){
    MultiTapTempo();
    }