1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Journal paper metadata search from pdf file digest

Discussion in 'Education' started by William Payne, Oct 8, 2018.

1. I have a personal library of .pdf files, mostly open-access computer science journal articles, with filenames changed to fit a uniform scheme that I use, and organised in folders in a way that makes sense to me.

This is now getting a little unwieldy, so would like to create my own database of metadata (authors, institutions, journal-title, keywords etc..) so I can group, collate, and otherwise manipulate an index of my collection to improve my understanding of the various topics of interest to me.

Sadly, I have been less than assiduous during the past couple of decades, so I really only have the files themselves (I have not maintained my own bibliographic database) and there are now too many files to make manual searches on arxiv or google scholar feasible.

In an ideal world, I would like to be able to do a 'reverse' search by MD5 digest (or similar) to get the metadata, but unfortunately I have not yet been able to find an API that will let me do this.

Does such an API exist?

Login To add answer/comment