1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error running sphinx due to dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Python

Discussion in 'Programming/Internet' started by Joel, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Joel

Joel Guest

I'm trying to use sphinx to build documentation of a package I'm developing. The commands I use used to work. It looks like a link to a library has disappeared on my machine. I'm using a Mac.

> sphinx-autobuild . _build/html
    dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Python
    Referenced from: /Users/XXX/Library/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User/bin/python
    Reason: image not found

where XXX is my user name

Most similar question I can find is pyside-rcc "dyld: Library not loaded:..." but the answer provided seems to be to copy over a bunch of files from one directory to another, which seems to risk causing other configuration problems.

Other answers relate to issues with

Based on the questions I've seen, it looks like I should fix this by changing the path. Currently

>echo $PATH

Applications/anaconda/bin:/Users/XXX/Library/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User/bin:/Users/XXX/anaconda/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Library/TeX/texbin:/opt/X11/bin

My .bash_profile is

# added by Anaconda 2.1.0 installer
    export PATH="/Users/XXX/anaconda/bin:$PATH"

# Added by Canopy installer on 2016-08-08
    # VIRTUAL_ENV_DISABLE_PROMPT can be set to '' to make the bash prompt show that Canopy is active, otherwise 1
    alias activate_canopy="source '/Users/XXX/Library/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User/bin/activate'"
    VIRTUAL_ENV_DISABLE_PROMPT=1 source '/Users/XXX/Library/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User/bin/activate'

# added by Anaconda3 4.3.1 installer
    export PATH="/Applications/anaconda/bin:$PATH"

That activate command that canopy is doing looks to be part of the problem.

Login To add answer/comment