1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deproject Screen To World Coordinates (Unreal Engine 4.15)

Discussion in 'Programming/Internet' started by nmnd, Aug 2, 2020.

1. nmnd

nmnd Guest

I am working on a small game in Unreal Engine 4.15 using blueprints only and encountered a behaviour I don't understand.

The game is based on the Top Down Example. As I'd like to teleport an actor to a world location corresponding to a screen location (i.e. left edge of the viewport). I use "Deproject Screen To World". Giving screen X = 0 and screen Y = 0 as input to this node, outputs world coordinates close to the bottom center of the viewport. In order to get a test actor to move to outputted world coordinates close to the left edge of the viewport, input screen coordinates need to unexpectedly high (around -20000.00 for both x and y). This occurs strange to me, as the viewport is much smaller (around 1400x740 in editor preview).

I was hoping to use something like -(viewport width/2) for x screen coord (in case the x origin is centered.

Where is the origin for screen coordinates?
    What unit are they measured in?

Note: The location on screen is not set from mouse position, so i can not use "Get Hit Result Under Cursor".

Login To add answer/comment