Intern may get a job offer, do I communicate it before his last day which is tomorrow?

W

Wojtek322

The intern (last year student) may get a job offer depending on our company's administration/finance.

It's his last day tomorrow at his internship. He will most likely graduate next month and he does not pursue further education. Since I worked the most with him, do I communicate that he might get a job offer? Or do I shut up and wait for the decision from the boss?

I don't think it's a great idea to communicate but also would make his day at the same time. Especially if I say the reasons why it is not certain.

I'm also just a junior at this (small) company with no function related to hiring.

Login To add answer/comment

/forums/whats-new/news-feed

Unreplied Posts

Flutter Firebase error while trying to read newly created document

Mateusz Sylwester Sołtys Asks: Flutter Firebase error while trying to read newly created document
I'm new to Flutter so please anyone help me. I made future to create new user document if dont exist in "users collection firebase cloud". But the problem is, that I need to read that doc in next step (I want to know, that user is admin or no).

I get this error like that if need to create a new document: StateError (Bad state: cannot get a field on a DocumentSnapshotPlatform which does not exist)

This is my create doc future:

Code:
Future<void> createUserDocIfDontExist(String id) async {
    const bool userAdmin = false;
    const int userPoints = 0;
    FirebaseFirestore.instance
        .collection('users')
        .doc(id)
        .get()
        .then((docSnaoshot) => {
              if (!docSnaoshot.exists)
                docSnaoshot.reference
                    .set({'admin': userAdmin, 'points': userPoints})
            });
  }

This is my read doc future:

Code:
Future<GlobalDataModel> getAdminInfo(String id) async {
    final admin =
        await FirebaseFirestore.instance.collection('users').doc(id).get();
    return model.copyWith(admin: admin['admin']);
  }

This is my create document cubit:

Code:
Future<void> checkOrCreateUserDoc() async {
    final GlobalDataModel user = await _globalRemoteDataSource.getUserID();
    return _globalRemoteDataSource.createUserDocIfDontExist(user.user!);
  }

This is my read document cubit:

Code:
Future<void> initGlobalAdmin() async {
    final GlobalDataModel user = await _globalRemoteDataSource.getUserID();
    final GlobalDataModel admin =
        await _globalRemoteDataSource.getAdminInfo(user.user!);
    emit(state.copyWith(admin: admin.admin));
  }

And the place in the code where I use them:

Code:
 Widget build(BuildContext context) {
    return BlocProvider(
      create: (context) => HomePageCubit(),
      child: BlocBuilder<HomePageCubit, HomePageState>(
        builder: (context, home) {
          int currentIndex = home.currentIndex;
          final screens = [OfferPage(), CollectPage(), ProfilePage()];
          return BlocBuilder<RootCubit, RootState>(
            builder: (context, root) {
              context.read<RootCubit>().checkOrCreateUserDoc();
              context.read<RootCubit>().initGlobalAdmin();
              context.read<RootCubit>().initGlobalSteram();
              if (root.admin == null) {
                const LoadingPage();
              }
              return Scaffold(

Everything works fine if the user document already exists. The problem only occurs right after creating a new document. I am kindly asking for help. Thank you in advance!

SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your thoughts here to help others.

The import java.util.Collections cannot be resolved

Aish97 Asks: The import java.util.Collections cannot be resolved
Code:
package Collection_1;

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.Collections;
import java.util.Iterator;
import java.util.List;

public class ArrayListMethods {

public static void main(String[] args) 
    {

List<Integer> intList = new ArrayList<Integer>();
        intList.add(9);
        intList.add(0);
        Collections.sort(intList);

}       

}

This code is giving the error The import java.util.Collections cannot be resolved while importing import java.util.Collections. I'm using sort method from Collections class. I'm using eclipse IDE for writing the code. If anyone has any idea please try to answer.

SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your thoughts here to help others.

Azure AS Tabular - Force table to be processed

Nicola Dell'anna Asks: Azure AS Tabular - Force table to be processed
Dears, I work on an Azure AS (ver. 16.0.43.23) on which I have a model made of many tables. One of those tables has no relationships to any other table.

Who designed the product had built several SQL Jobs and each of them is responsible for ETL and processing of a subset of those tables. In this way tables are updated frequently. I cannot change this but I need to process, once in a while, that single table I mentioned above. I noticed that if any other SQL job has issued a process request to the cube then my requests has to wait for all the other to finish. Since it has no relationships whatsoever to any other table, is there a way to force the processing of such table without waiting?

Thx!

Hopefully I have been able to explain the issue I am facing clearly enough.

Equivalent to AS in XQuery?

ZedORYasuo Asks: Equivalent to AS in XQuery?
Is there anyway in xquery to do like in sql: "SELECT name AS buyer"?

Code:
enter code here
let $stars := doc("stars.xml")
for $s in $stars/Stars/star
where $s/Address/Street eq "123 Maple St."
return $s/(Name **AS buyer** |cost)

output something like:
<Buyers>
<buyer name=”Ash”><cost>40</cost></buyer>
</Buyers>

Using forkJoin with async pipe

Andrew Howard Asks: Using forkJoin with async pipe
I have 2 arrays (of objects) and I wish to combine them by id.

Array One:

Code:
arrayOne$ = of([{id: 1, name: "Andrew"}, {id: 2, name: "Simon"}]) as Observable<any[]>;

Array Two:

Code:
arrayTwo$ = of([{id: 1, age: 22}, {id: 2, age: 56}]) as Observable<any[]>;

So the desired end result will be:

Code:
[{id: 1, name: "Andrew", age: 22}, {id: 2, name: "Simon", age: 56}]

I have to get these results via 2 different apis so using the async pipe and forkJoin are required. However I'm now stuck on how to use forkJoin, do I need to use map to do this?

Stackblitz = Angular Ivy (forked) - StackBlitz

So far I have:

TS

Code:
combinedResults$ = forkJoin([
    this.arrayOne$,
    this.arrayTwo$
  ])

HTML

Code:
<div *ngIf="(combinedResults$ | async)?.length !== 0">
<p>Here is the combined list items:</p>
  <ul>
    <li *ngFor="let item of combinedResults$ | async">
      ID: {{item.id}}<br />
      Name: {{item.name}}<br />
    </li>
  </ul>
</div>

Latest posts