2004 Prius and faulty inverter coolant pump, code P0A93

C

Christian

Christian Asks: 2004 Prius and faulty inverter coolant pump, code P0A93
I bought a 2004 Prius with 270k miles on it about 1.5 months ago. I’m a delivery driver, and drive about 200-300 miles per day.

About 1 week after buying the Prius, the code P0A93 popped up for the first time. The red triangle of death would disappear and pop back up once every couple of days or so after that. Pretty much everything I saw online says this indicates an inverter coolant pump failure. I had it replaced.

The first couple of days after replacing it, I was really hard on the car, trying to get the error to come back. Before, it came up every couple of days under normal use, but it never did during this period. So I was pretty satisfied that we had fixed the problem.

1 week and around 1800 miles later (today), the red triangle flashed while I was on the freeway going around 72. I hooked up the OBD2 scanner and it said there were “0 codes.” I thought that was weird, but went in and “read” the codes anyway. Sure enough, the P0A93 code was there.

Is the fact it said “0 codes” indicative of anything if it went on the read out the old code (usually, it would say “1 code” after the red triangle popped up)? Is it possible the red triangle popped up as a result of a lingering code from before it was fixed? What’s my next step?

SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your thoughts here to help others.

/forums/whats-new/news-feed

Unreplied Posts

Remove and replace 5.4 liter motor on 2007 F 150

• no buns
  • Physics
  • Replies: 0
no buns Asks: Remove and replace 5.4 liter motor on 2007 F 150
Wondered if any one can give an idea of how many hours, by flat rate manual , are allowed for removal and replacement of complete engine assy?

SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your thoughts here to help others.

Kinetic energy in high speed frame

• madness
  • Physics
madness Asks: Kinetic energy in high speed frame
I am just learning special relativity,so i have a very vague understanding and have lot of doubts in mind. I am expressing a basic doubt of mine which will then lead to my actual question.

Suppose a spaceship has left earth with a very high velocity(comparable to the speed of light). There is a ball of mass $m$ and an austronaut in the spaceship. If the ball starts moving with $v$ velocity(from the perspective of astronaut), will the kinetic energy measured by astronaut $\frac{1}{2}mv^2$ or $(m-m_0)c^2$? I am confused by this since one is newtonian kinetic energy formula and the other one is einsteinian. So,i don't know which one to follow. Furthermore, what will be the kinetic energy of the ball as seen by a person on earth?

My actual doubt is the photoelectric effect we learn. The equation is $hf=hf_0+\frac{1}{2}mv^2$. My question is: "Is this equation valid for only ground frame observers? Or this is valid for high speed aircraft as well?". Since $h$ and frequencies remain constant, how much velocity of electron ejected will be measured by an astronaut in spaceship?

Relativity is a bit hard for me to understand. So i will be very grateful if someone kindly enlightens me with proper concepts.

Relation between the diffusion coefficients

• Albert Schrödinberg
  • Physics
Albert Schrödinberg Asks: Relation between the diffusion coefficients
My course is giving me a strange relation I have difficulties to understand. In the context of thermodynamics and evolution, we define:

1. The mass diffusion flux: (Newton's law) $$J_{M_d} = -D\frac{dc}{dy}$$
  2. The energy diffusive flux: (Fourier's law) $$J_{E_d} = -\alpha \frac{d(\rho u)}{dy}$$
  1. The momentum diffusion flux: (Fick's law) $$J_{E_d} = -\nu \frac{d(\rho v)}{dy}$$

After introducing this, I read: The relations alpha/nu = 1 and D/nu = 1

(sorry for not computing those equations, it would have taken me ages)

I don't expect anyone to verify those infernal fractions, I'm only interested in the two results: $$\frac{\alpha}{\nu} = 1$$ $$\frac{D}{\nu} = 1$$ Naturally, I understand: $$\color{red}{\alpha = \nu = D}$$ Yet, I feel this couldn't be as simple and that I missed something. Is this relation correct ? If yes, in what specific context ? If not, why ?

Distribution of normal force

• random person
  • Physics
random person Asks: Distribution of normal force
How can I calculate the "density of normal force" (the normal force felt by a certain part of a body) on a continuous body? Say I have a hollow cylinder-shaped table with negligible mass, and I put a point mass $m$ on it, at some distance $kr$ from the centre, $k<1$. How can I find the distribution of the normal force on the bottom of the table, shaped as a ring?

On the position-space of detected particles in HIC

• Renan Nobuyuki Hirayama
  • Physics
Renan Nobuyuki Hirayama Asks: On the position-space of detected particles in HIC
Usually in heavy-ion experiments, results are given in terms of momentum space variables such as $p_T$ and $y$ (AFAIK). However, detectors are composed of different cells and hence there is some finite resolution on the position of detected particles.

Is this correct? If so, why is it this information not used?

My guess is that the resolution in position is much worse than the resolution in momentum space, which relies on very precise measurements of energy deposition.

Latest posts